CLS releases its Annual Report 2014
Following our Annual General Meeting and shareholder briefing on Tuesday 21 April, we have released our Annual Report and consolidated accounts for activity in 2014, available on our interactive site or via a downloadable PDF.
- CLS posted revenues of GBP183.3 million, an increase of 6% year-on-year
- Total operating expenses were up by 1.6% (GBP2.4 million), mainly due to an expected increase in amortization of GBP4.0 million, following the implementation of major components of our technology program
- Profit after tax increased by over 36% year-on-year from GBP14.6 million to GBP19.8 million, a direct consequence of the revenue growth with only modest cost increases.
- Daily average volumes in the core service remained stable year-on-year at 801,000 instructions
- Average daily settlement values for 2014 now stand at USD5.1 trillion, up slightly from 2013
- CLS’s 2014 peak value day was in December at USD10.7 trillion, surpassing the previous record from March 2008, achieved on volumes of 2.1 million
- CLS continues to operate a reliable and resilient service meeting the high standards of governance and risk expected of a systemically important financial market utility
2014 was a year of contrasts in the foreign exchange market. We saw prolonged low volatility and declining volumes, followed by increased activity in line with the rising dollar. While this had a direct impact on FX volumes settled through CLS, we have continued to deliver every day, while strengthening our service and global reach.
Our results demonstrate our financial health, capital strength and operational integrity. We are well placed to deliver our core service while exploring new opportunities to add value for our settlement members and shareholders, through increased participation, additional currencies or new services which leverage our current infrastructure and position in the market.
David Puth Trevor Suarez