FX Markets Leader series
The FX market is the world’s largest capital market and it’s most significant risk – FX settlement risk – is on the rise and may be reaching levels that threaten global financial stability.
The rise is largely due to an increase in trading of currencies that do not have access to payment-versus-payment (PvP) settlement mechanisms, in particular those from emerging markets. At the same time, the FX community recognizes that it must continue to push for resilience, standardization, ease of access and interoperability across financial market infrastructure solutions.
Chief Growth Officer
Lisa Danino-Lewis CLS, Chief Growth Officer joins FX market experts as they discuss what the industry can do to address the increase in settlement risk by exploring:
- The rise in settlement risk and the primary areas where it remains in the FX market
- The recent update to the FX Global Code, in particular the settlement risk principles, and what it means for market participants
- Whether CLS's pilot to explore alternative PvP settlement models for a broader range of currencies will help address the issue?
- The benefits to your business and your clients of adding new direct or third party participants to CLSSettlement
- The benefits of multiple settlement providers in this space.
- Lisa Danino-Lewis
Chief Growth Officer, CLS
- Sandra Laielli van Scherpenzeel
Executive Director – Global Head Cash, Banks, UBS Switzerland
- Tom Owens
Director, BNY Mellon
- David Reid
Global Head of FX Prime Brokerage, Deutsche Bank
And moderated by:
- Joe Parsons
Global Markets Deputy Editor, Risk.Net & FX Markets